We can represent you in any aspect of your immigration requirements, from lodging your initial applications for a visa with Immigration New Zealand to filing your appeals to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal or applying for a Judicial Review of your case at the High Court.

In particular, we can assist with the following:


Limited Visas are granted offshore to enter New Zealand on a Temporary Visa for a specific purpose or special event such as reunion, birthdays, weddings, funerals, visiting a family member who is ill etc. This visa cannot be extended unless there are very good reasons to do so and the purpose for which the visa was issued has not occurred.

We can assist you with the filing of offshore applications for family and friends.


A Visitor Visa (previously known as Visitor Permit) is granted offshore and allows a visitor to be granted a visa as a tourist, to visit family and friends, play sport or perform cultural events (without pay), to get married or undertake short term study or similar activities.

We can assist you to extend your visitor visas to a particular limit or even change to another type of visa, such as a student or work visa where appropriate.


These applications (previously known as Student Permit) can be made offshore or once in New Zealand. You do not need a visa to study for a course of up to three months approved by NZQA. Fulltime study is defined as studying up to 20 hours per week or studying at primary, intermediate or secondary school for one school term or studying at least three papers or the equivalent each semester at a tertiary institution other than a private institution. If you only study part time (fewer hours and fewer papers) and you hold a visitor visa or work visa, you may apply for a variation of conditions to allow you to study longer.

Regardless if you are offshore or in New Zealand, or even if you are holding a different visa, we can still assist you.


A Work Visa (previously known as Work Permit) allows you to work in New Zealand for a limited period and can be applied for offshore or in New Zealand. The visa will state the expiry date of the visa, travel and any other conditions which may include type of employment, the employer's name, or where in New Zealand you work. You may receive a single or multiple entry visa. Work is an activity undertaken for gain or reward and therefore considered to be employment. Work visas can be granted for a maximum period of three years except for highly skilled persons which can be granted for five years but there is no limit for further visas to be granted in the future. A person must comply with New Zealand employment and immigration law.

We can file your application for a work visa either offshore or in New Zealand and also for further extensions if required. We can even advise you on the path to residence from a work visa.


We can advise you on how to obtain resident status in New Zealand and file your application on your behalf whether offshore or from New Zealand under any of the following categories:-

  • Skilled Migrant Category/Expressions of Interest
  • Entrepreneur Migrant Category
  • Migrant Investment Category
  • Employee of a Relocating Business Category
  • Family Categories (child, dependent child)
  • Inter-country adoptions
  • Pacific Access Category/Samoan Quota Scheme
  • Work to Residence Category, Talent Category (arts, culture, sports)


Previously referred to as Long Term Business Visa (prior to March 2014), the Entrepreneur Work Visa is granted to entrepreneurs who wish to set up a business in New Zealand and investing a minimum capital of $100,000. Partners and dependant children can be granted work and student visas if they are accompanying the holder of an Entrepreneur work visa to New Zealand. They can also be included in an Entrepreneur Resident Visa application. This visa is granted for a period of 3 years. The Entrepreneur Resident Category allows an applicant to live in New Zealand permanently if they have established a high growth and innovative business with export potential in New Zealand. We can assist you with this application if your offshore or in New Zealand. Entrepreneur Residence can be filed early where the business has employed five or more residents or citizens and $500,000 capital investment has been made. We can assist you with this application whether you are offshore or in New Zealand and advise you on the path from Entrepreneur Work Visa  to Entrepreneur Resident Visa.


We can act on your appeals on applications that have been declined or if you are liable for deportation or for a special direction application, even if you are unlawfully in New Zealand. We can assist with the following:

  • Appeals for reconsideration of Temporary entry class visas
  • For Residence class visas
  • To the Immigration and Protection Tribunal:-
    - On the facts against liability for deportation
    - On humanitarian grounds against liability for deportation
  • Appeals from the Immigration and Protection Tribunal and Judicial review
  • Applications for Special Directions to the Minister of Immigration, the Associate or Minister of Immigration or directly to Immigration New Zealand:-
    - Includes persons of unlawful status

Link to an Immigration Lawyer below